Winter is here, and as the temperatures drop, it’s essential to take preventative measures to keep your business running smoothly. At Medley Company, we understand that the cold can wreak havoc on your equipment, so we’ve put together some handy winter maintenance tips to help you stay ahead of the game.
Benefits of Winterizing your Forklift
As winter approaches, it is important to take the necessary steps to protect your forklift and ensure that it is ready for the colder weather. Winterizing your forklift not only helps you avoid costly repairs but also increases safety and productivity.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from investing in winterizing your forklift:
- Prevent Damage to the engine and other critical components. Cold temperatures can cause the fluids in your forklift to thicken, making it difficult for the engine to start and reducing overall performance. By changing the oil and other fluids, you can ensure that your forklift is running smoothly and efficiently throughout the winter months.
- Reduce the risk of accidents and injuries. Winter weather can make the floors of your facility slippery and increase the risk of forklift accidents. By installing proper tires and ensuring that the brakes and other safety features are in good working order, you can minimize the risk of accidents and keep your employees safe.
- Improve productivity and reduce downtime. Cold temperatures can cause your forklift battery to lose power quickly, which can lead to unnecessary downtime and lost productivity. By installing a battery blanket or swapping out the battery for a cold-weather model, you can help ensure that your forklift stays up and running, even in the coldest of temperatures.
3 Simple Tips for Winter Maintenance Tips
- Blow out your Radiators: Over time, dust and debris can build up in your radiator, reducing its efficiency and making it more prone to overheating. By blowing out your radiator, you’ll help ensure it’s working at optimal capacity, even on the coldest of days.
- Inspect your hoses: For any signs of wear and tear. The cold weather can cause your hoses to become brittle and crack, which can lead to leaks and other problems. By inspecting your hoses and replacing them as needed, you can avoid costly downtime and keep your equipment running smoothly all winter long.
- Replace your antifreeze: Antifreeze is essential for protecting your engine from freezing temperatures, so it’s important to make sure it’s in good condition. By replacing your antifreeze, you’ll help ensure your equipment can handle even the coldest of days.
Winter Maintenance with Medley
At Medley Equipment Company, we’re committed to helping you keep your business moving forward, no matter what the weather brings. Our certified technicians are available around the clock to help keep your business running smoothly this winter. If you’re interested in staying ahead of the cold and avoiding any unnecessary downtime, contact us today! We’ve got locations in Arkansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas — visit one of our locations to learn more.
Don’t let the cold slow you down, trust Medley Company to keep your business moving forward. Schedule your Forklift Winterization Maintenance today! #WinterMaintenance #StayAheadOfTheCold