Indoor vs. Outdoor Forklifts
Improve your operation with Medley
The difference between indoor and outdoor forklifts comes down to the tires. Most forklifts will only allow a specific type of tire, which is why it is important to choose the right forklift for your operation.
Indoor Forklifts – Cushion Tires
Cushion tiresare great for indoor operations:
- Cushion tiresare fitted around a metal band and made of smooth, solid rubber.
- They have a smaller turning radius which makes them great for smaller warehouses.
- Cushion tireslast longer and have great traction on smooth surfaces.
- They are easy to find and less expensive.
Outdoor Forklifts – Pneumatic Tires
Pneumatic tiresare the most useful outdoors. They are longer and wider than cushion tires.
- Solid pneumatic tires are made of solid rubber and cannot be punctured or popped.
- Air pneumatic tires can be punctured, so make sure there are no sharp objects in the work area.
- Air pneumatic tires can be foam filled for a smoother ride.
Medley has a wide selection of indoor and outdoor rental equipment that would be great for your operation. Text/chat or complete the formto get a quote today!