10 Simple Tips for Operating a Forklift Safely
- Operators Must Be Qualified -Make sure to get certified before operating equipment.
- Examine Equipment Before Use -Get to know your equipment, parts, use and do a routine check before starting the engine.
- Consider the Surrounding Environment -Always pay attention of your surroundings; follow the sites rules and guidelines.
- Operate at A Safe Speed -Always follow the equipment speed limit and take turns slowly.
- Avoid Hazards -Keep out of areas with bumps, uneven surface and loose objects on the ground.
- Ensure your Load is Stable and Secure -Before moving to point A-to-B check your load if its stable and secure, and make sure that they are stocked properly and not overloaded.
- Keep Clear of the Mast -Make sure to warn people to not stand or walk under the load or forklift machinery.
- Fueling the Equipment -Make sure you are at the designated and a place that is well-ventilated, and turn off forklift when fueling.
- End of the Day Shift -Park the equipment in the designated with fully lowered forks and apply park brake and turn equipment off.
- Wear Appropriate Clothing -Wear appropriate safety work wear provided by your company.
Medley Equipment Company is your Material Handling Specialists since 1941. We are confident and leader in our industry and plan to keep our customers and future clients satisfied. Let us take take care of your training needs. Text/chat, complete the form or visit one of our locations in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Amarillo, El Paso, Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, Texas, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Columbia, Joplin, Springfield, Missouri, Little Rock, Fort Smith and Springdale, Arkansas area.