5 Tips to Stay Safe While Using a Forklift Outside
Operator safety is a high priority
Outdoor forklifts are commonly used for job operations. Some terrains are more straightforward than others, but operating on rough terrain might be a little challenging.
Follow these tips before operating an outdoor forklift:
- Check your forklift before you use it
- Regardless of if you are using a forklift indoors or outdoors, it is smart to check over the lift for any issues before operating. (fleet management, telemetry)
- Get the proper training if you’ve never operated a forklift before. (operator training)
- Stay focused
- Be extra careful when you are operating a forklift outside.
- Clean your forklifts regularly
- Anything that could cause your forklift to run less efficiently should be taken care of. Regularly cleaning your forklift can prevent some issues. (parts & service)
- Check the weather
- The weather can change quickly. Check the weather before operating your lift outside to avoid any bad weather.
If you’re searching for a new outdoor forklift, looking to rent one or needing operator training, please contact us!