Indoor Forklifts – Cushion Tires
Cushion tires are great for indoor operations:
- Cushion tires are fitted around a metal band and made of smooth, solid rubber.
- They have a smaller turning radius which makes them great for smaller warehouses.
- Cushion tires last longer and have great traction on smooth surfaces.
- They are easy to find and less expensive.
Outdoor Forklifts – Pneumatic Tires
Pneumatic tires are the most useful outdoors. They are longer and wider than cushion tires.
- Solid pneumatic tires are made of solid rubber and cannot be punctured or popped.
- Air pneumatic tires can be punctured, so make sure there are no sharp objects in the work area.
- Air pneumatic tires can be foam filled for a smoother ride.